Spring Sunday

Hello lovelies,

I hope you're all having a nice lazy Sunday. I just thought I'd share a little spring love with you today while I sip my chai (which, by the way I am officially addicted to). I've been gathering photos of some of the hand ties I've made in the run up to mothers day and I had to show you this one because its my favorite. You're about to read about some seriously sweet romance too - guys take note, girls like this sort of thing!

This was a lovely seasonal bouquet I made for one of my friends (R) just before Valentines day this year. It was all organised by her boyfriend E, not as a Valentines gift but as a surprise anniversary present as they got together just before the 14th. We even went to the flower market together so he could help choose the flowers he wanted to give to her. We ended up picking a lovely selection of spring flowers - tulips, miniature narcissi and iris (I know you can get iris all year round but I still think of them as spring flowers) along with some big pink aqua roses, purple edged lisianthus, button chrysanths, and my favorite bit - apple blossom!

It was all done with much sneaking around as E had to pretend to go to the gym early in the morning while we raced off to the flower market. Thankfully though she was none the wiser and the flowers were a complete surprise to R when she came home from work.
I hope you are all enjoying the spring as much as I am. I'm still reveling in the blossoms, and lusting after all the wonderful bulbs and plants. Its a good job I don't have a garden right now as I would end up spending all my pennies on bulbs and seeds! Those of you with gardens get out there and enjoy them for me today, I'm going to go for a walk in the sunshine and dream about having a garden of my own.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.