Pretty in pink

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 · Posted in , , , , , , , , ,

Today I played with pretty flowers, pretty pink flowers. I always seem to gravitate towards pink flowers - either just lovely shades of pink, or pink and vibrant green, or pink and lilac, or hot pink and red (yes, that combo works for me). I like the autumnal reds and oranges and the festive christmas shades well enough but I always get tired of them before the season is through and long for that pretty hue.

So today I got my mitts on some lovely pink tulips and double headed lisianthus and ended up creating a sweet bridesmaid's posy. It turned out a little smaller than I thought but it would be just right for a little one to carry. I had had good intentions to go out and forage for some ivy but I decided against it due to the large amounts of snow we have outside that had frozen overnight. I know that sounds like a bit of a pathetic excuse, but I'm recovering from a badly sprained ankle thats still not quite right, and I just didn't fancy injuring it again. So I tried out some of the leaves from my long suffering nameless house plant as a backing for the posy, but they didn't look quite right. I had planned to have trails of ivy surrounding the posy and cascading down from the edges, but instead I used some olive green ribbon to finish it off, and popped it in a small pewter jug which I acquired recently, isnt it cute?

Oh, and I noticed that my mini echeveria has grown itself a brand new nubbin! This is also very cute, and makes me feel very excited.

Enough of my rambling anyway, photos of my sweet pink posy are below.
I couldnt resist adding in the last photo, the cats were pestering me all day today, and were fascinated by the soft willow. So here is Lily with pussy willow.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.